Shiny shiny shiny

I meant to do a review post this weekend but other things keep interrupting. So I'm simply going to say that on Monday Shiny New Books: what to read next and why launches. Edited by four fantastic book bloggers, Simon of Stuck-in-a-Book, Harriet from Harriet Devine's Blog, Annabel from Annabel's House of Books and Victoria from Tales from the Reading Room, it's going to bring us reviews, recommendations, articles, even competitions. You can sign up for the newsletter on the website, like on Facebook, follow on Twitter, and follow on Feedly or Bloglines or Google + or whatever.



I haven't looked forward to anything so much for ages! I've been going round humming the Velvets' song all week: "Shiny, shiny, shiny books of leather...."

Comments

  1. Thank you! Twicely - for the Velvets as well (going to have to dig that one out of the CD collection right now.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm well excited for this! I signed up as soon as Victoria posted about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. And now - Monday morning - I can say that it's been well worth the wait. Huge congratulations to the four editors!

      Delete
  4. hello there! Saw your comment re Elizabeth Goudge on another blog....it is interesting to me that she is regarded as sentimental when she so clearly connects love to honour and duty and spirituality to acceptance and a willingness to let go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post. And I signed up to the site, and then forgot to go look!!!! So tomorrow when I have time....I really am excited too... books reviewed by trusted reviewers we've come to know is the best, isn't it? I think I'm afraid of how many I'll want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so very excited about this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts